Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Is there any way I can remotely wipe my dell Inspiron

Customer Question

Is there any way I can remotely wipe my dell Inspiron computer? I don't have the ip number. I have contacted about every support team ou there. My laptop has picture of my social security number on it. I need the photos deleted, I don't care if I have to send a virus or whatever. I need halp ASAP. I purchased the laptop from eBay.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Question.. Was your Dell stolen? Or do you still have access to it?

Or is it at another location that you have access to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was stolen.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Thats unfortunate.. Did you have lojack on your dell?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

I wish there was some way to help you.. Im familiar with the built in windows features, such as find my pc.

And also the microsoft account / devices section.. But neither of those would let you wipe or access the device.

The only type of programs that would allow you to do that on a PC, would have to be purchased, and installed before the computer was stolen / lost...

Theres no one that would be able to help you, considering the details and specifics of your situation. Unfotunately...

The only thing I can recommend going forward would be to consider turning on bitlocker on all your windows 10 machines, this will encrypt your entire drive and if it was ever stolen or lost no one would be able to access a single file without the specific encryption passcode.. Even if they brute forced or stole or hacked your windows 10 password, none of the pictures or files could be accessed without the password..

Heres some info on bitlocker..

So, as far as remote wipiing the pc, unfortunately without specific software preinstalled.. That wont be possible.

Maybe, its best if you consider hiring an identity protection company such as Lifelock{AdPosition}&dclid=CPX9h9OCos8CFQ9sfgodo8ME7Q

They are very good at what they do and their services are reasonably priced..

I wish I had more to offer you.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.