Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.

A few years ago I purchased Windows 8.1 and installed it on

Customer Question

A few years ago I purchased Windows 8.1 and installed it on a computer that I used for a short time before putting it in the recycle. I now have a laptop that I would like to run that copy on, but I can lo longer find the key code. Can you help me to recover the key?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. When you first installed it, did you complete the registration with Microsoft?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If you registered with Microsoft, you can contact the customer service department at(###) ###-#### They will ask some personal information like email address, phone number, etc. to verify your identity. After they are satisfied, they will issue a new key.