Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I want to talk to a human being about an incorrect listing

Customer Question

I want to talk to a human being about an incorrect listing on Google maps. My name is***** and my phone number in Minnesota is(###) ###-#### Your Google maps search engine is sending people down our private driveway in Lake Elmo, MN when they are looking for a local park. The park entrance is two miles from our home. Your system is stupid and cumbersome and completely wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Call me right now!!!!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Google doesnt call people.. With that being said, we are not google. But this is an issue I can help you with.

And the steps need to be done via a computer, not over the phone.. We need to update the google maps database and you can submit that update yourself.. This is the only way that change can be made internally.. Would you like me to help you submit the map errors?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

I see you havent responded.. I can call you if you want, and we can discuss the issue, and also discuss how to get google maps directions fixed..

However, before we do.. It may be benecificial to you to read this article.

This article will make clear a couple of points.. Changes to googles map system are possible. Contacting google directly to have them make any changes to their maps even in drastic situations such as the white house being renamed with racial slurs or beiing named Edwards Snow Den on an actual google maps listing.. Plainly put, google isnt going to invest time or money to make changes.. They have a flawed system in place, one that we can use to help correct the erroneous directions.

If you would like help with this, I need you to respond so we can work through this issue together.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.