Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How do I download google to my I 4 phone? HP, WHAT KIND OF

Customer Question

How do I download google to my I 4 phone?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: WHAT KIND OF UPDATES?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was hopeing someone cold help me with my phone! I am 69 and my son wants me to get Google for safety
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

Do you mean Google the web browser (Google Chrome) or Gmail email address?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im sorry my son wants to to download goodle to my I 4 phone which I have had for years. Im 69 years old don't understand these new phones. He just wants me to safe and have google if I need to.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I think there is some confusion because Google has multiple products. There is Google Chrome (a web browser), Google email (Gmail), and Google search engine (google.com) -- Do you know which one that you wanted on the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WOULD it be possible to send the instructions to my e-mail address so my son could help me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Google Chrome
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think google.com is what he said
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, great. You can install Google Chrome from the App store.

On your iPhone, click on the App store then click on Search then type in Chrome

Click on GET next to Google Chrome

After it is finished installing, you will see the app appear on your phone next to the other apps.

To be honest, you do not need Google Chrome, Google.com or Gmail installed on your phone. It will not make it any safer or faster or easier unless that is your own personal preference.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will be glad to give you my e-mail address
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sure, I can email the steps to you as well if that is how you would prefer them to be sent.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I will need your email address in order to send any steps to you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I DO NOT HAVE THE APP store on my phone How do I get it? My e-mail address is***@******.*** thank you
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

All iPhones have the App store.

I am attaching the icon of the App store so you can look for it on your phone.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

It has been a while since we spoke last -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.