Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer has a pop up that says my computer may be at

Customer Question

my computer has a pop up that says my computer may be at risk it says to call(###) ###-####for emergency tech support it also said slimservice.exe just crashed on my system. I didn't know if I should call them or not because I have been ripped off in the past by popups. At&t u-verse said to contact you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You are correct. That is a scam message. You need some maintenance done to ensure you can get rid of it

before you are locked down.

Do NOT click x on that message to get rid of it. If you are on windows, you want to go into your task manager

to clear it. Hitting X to close out often infects your computer further.

Can you tell me if you are on a Windows PC or a Mac?

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

I tried to accept your secure remote connection request and on this end it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card blocks the transaction. A quick call to them will usually lift that block.

In the meantime I am sending the remote offer back to you to be approved when you are ready. Also, you can contact our customer service here if you have further questions.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

The reason you are having issues, is because you are creating 'new' questions. I am sending them

in for refunds other than this one.

Please reply to THIS email only so we can continue.