Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Have Del PC Windows 10. When try to boot get CD rom boot

Customer Question

Have Del PC Windows 10. When try to boot get CD rom boot priority - no medium.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell PC
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only change was last week when I updated with Comcast and got a new modem
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you send me the exact model of Dell computer?

If this is the case you need to go into your BIOS and change a setting. To access your BIOS, when you first boot your computer, a message somewhere on screen will say "Press [key] to enter setup" or something similar. Often times, it's the delete key.

Once you do this, a blue screen will come up that you can navigate around. This is your BIOS. Since BIOS menus vary from motherboard to motherboard, you'll have to do a bit of searching on your end, but you're looking for a a setting that refers to "Boot Priority" or "Boot Sequence." When you find this, you need to move your primary hard drive to the top of the list. Save your changes and exit, whereupon your computer will automatically reboot. Your hard drive will now be the first thing your computer tries to boot from.

Let me know the results and we will go from there, but please send your model of dell if this is not helpful and we need

to troubleshoot further.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin