Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

Would you please change the Java and serial port

Customer Question

Would you please change the Java and serial port configuration for firmware upgrades. Windows 10 will not support Java and all current laptops only have USB. The USB serial drivers are hard to install I cannot do it on my Win 10 laptop. I have to transport the VX and CGEM mounts to a desktop with Win 7 and a serial port to update. When that unit retires I will be cut off. Your software should reflect the current user market.
Bob Stikeman Toronto Canada
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Windows 10 does support Java, I have it running on my windows 10 machine currently.

However, the chrome browser wont support java.. You will need to use either Interned explorer, edge, or firefox. And you may need to install java using one of those browsers.

You can install java from this link

Youll notice for system requirements it runs on windows 10. Once you have downloaded, opened and installed Java.. Restart your computer and then try any programs that require java to run.. ( But again, dont use Chrome as its the Chrome browser that no longer supports java, not windows 10)

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have to convince Celestron management to commit to upgrading their firmware loading protocol.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I want to talk to Celestron I got rerouted to an outsourced system.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

We are not Celestron, this is Justanswer an independent support site.

The information I sent you is still correct.. Windows 10 does support Java. Did you try the steps I suggested to install java on windows 10?

Also, dont use the google chrome browser with anything Java related, or you will always have issues.

With that being said, did you intend to pay for technical help with this issue? If not, please refrain from leaving any rating and let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went to that site it says Win 10 Edge not support Java. That is not the issue - Celestron management needs to establish a new system.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want Just ask I asked Celestron and was rerouted.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Then dont use Edge! Use Internet explorer or Firefox, which DO support Java.

Firefox is free, you can download it from the link above.. After you download firefox, open and run it and then use firefox to install Java..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got Firefox.i spent 2 days on this and no luck. But it is a big rigamarole to upgrade that's the point. Celestron has an onerous protocol. Please do not reply again.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I asked you not to reply. I wrote celestron and you rerouted me. If I spend 3 days I may get there but that is not the point I want Celestron to simplify the process. I don't want Just ask. Please don't reply.

Sorry I didn't noticed that. I can help you by installing Windows XP or Windows 7 Virtual machine on your Windows 10 to resolve your issue and that is why I responded. Now please let me close this question. If you need any help you can contact us any time, we are always happy to help.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience.