Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Can you help me to connect a device with 'D' link I am not

Customer Question

Can you help me to connect a device with 'D' linkI am not computer experienced, and I will be doing this remotely from a Hotel room later today.So what information will you need from me ....So far I just guessed at the computer set up, but I think it is a private network set up on board a Ship.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Robert, can you please explain a little more about what device you are trying to connect and where to?

Can you provide the model number of the 'D' link device?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I cannot provide this information at present. The equipment is on a Ship in Mississippi river and I will not board until about 15:00 local time today.So I only know that we can pull recorder (temporary) memory of two processes, from a plc with a memory stick.
It should be possible to take that memory stick to a remote computer and store and view memory in a permanent file.
The ships staff have tried to do this but their computer will not accept registration number that was provided by equipment manufacturer.
I will be able to colllect all information for you when I see it. The equipment manufacturer has not experienced this problem before. They say it operates on many US Vessels.
So ask your questions and I will try to provide correct answers this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
So please
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, thanks for the update Robert.

Once I know what equipment, software and file types etc we are dealing with, I can advise further.

Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just checked an email and they tell me that they can download files from the memory stick, but now they are not able to print.I will follow up later.Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok let me know once you hear any more.

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?