Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Last night my kid took my phone out of my purse and used it

Customer Question

Last night my kid took my phone out of my purse and used it to get access to my email account. The email is***@******.***. I did not know this had occurred until I got to work and couldn't access my account or find my phone. I went to my recovery email, which is***@******.*** and saw that my password ***** changed at 11:35pm last night. I can't answer the security question "What month and year did you create your account" so they are not verifying that it is me. I have sent them other information - internet provider, phone servicer, email address that I have sent emails to and they say they can't [won't] verify that it is me. What else can I do - it is a business account and I have other peoples information on there. I have a tax filing deadline of tonight and can't access my acceptance letters.
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: I don't know what that is.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yesterday I had to restart my computer because the modem often fails and that is the only way it will function. Updates did happen with the restart. They were auto so I don't know what they were.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else you need to know.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, did you ask your son what is the new password ?

also did you find/have access to your mobile phone because you can add your phone number to your gmail account so Google can send a code to your mobile then you can setup a new password.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I did not ask my daughter for the password. I can't get ahold of her. She took my phone out of my purse and I did not know all of this happened until after I got to work and discovered that I had no access - the password ***** changed.
My phone was already added to my gmail account. That is how she got access to my gmail account after I had already changed the password ***** couple days ago TO KEEP HER OUT. Now she is pissed and I won't be leaving for a couple hours to return to my home computer, or my phone or brat.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Google is the problem now and won't give me my account back even though I used the back up email to contact them. [That was the email set up for recovery, the phone was set up for recovery also but I don't have it] I have explained all of this and now they won't respond and it has been over 3 hours.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I would suggest to add your phone number from the opening gmail on your phone or to talk/ask your daughter about the password, Your account will be successfully recovered ONLY IF you provide enough details for Google to verify that you are the owner of the account.

Please be aware that you are paying for information and Expert advice, and not for the successful unblocking of your account.
Only YOU can guarantee that your account will be successfully unblocked.

Your account will be successfully recovered ONLY IF you provide enough details, and enough ACCURATE details for them to verify that you are who Google thinks you are supposed to be. Only Google can make that determination, so please understand this information before replying/Accepting the answer – thank you.

If you have lready a phone linked into the account, you can get the password ***** to your phone by going here:
http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=152124

Otherwise, there are two basic options available to regain access to an account: doing a Password ***** and submitting the Account Recovery Form. Reset password ***** : https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you are not "google" support. I get that. Everything you just said is what I did already. If you could have started with "Do you have your phone with you?" I could have said "No." and you could have said "I can't help you."
So you have nothing else to offer beyond what I already got from the google run around.
NOT SATISFIED AT ALL
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Can you try to reset the password ***** the link below please https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/