Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My Skype icon disappeared. I don't know how to have it

Customer Question

My Skype icon disappeared. I don't know how to have it back.I have all my contacts listed, I can't be without it. PLEASE HELP !!!! right now !!!
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I have MacBookPro.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else,I guess.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Your contacts are stored on the server so when we get you back into your account you will get the contacts again.

If you open finder, then go through your list of applications, do you see Skype listed there?

Please let me know

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want any help from this site.Please remove all the personal information I gave you ,in order to get help, for $5.00.
If I can get refund for the $5.00 -- fine. If not, that's fine too.The most important is the I regret the fact I gave you my personal information.
Please remove it --NOW !! I cannot deal with your assistance. Thank you .
Remove my credit card number, my Email and my mobil phone number. Thank you !! Oshria Levin.