Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

About two minutes after opening my email I get a pop-up: "a

Customer Question

About two minutes after opening my email I get a pop-up: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify" That hasn't happened.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program and version you are using?

Thank you

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Could you please provide the following details.

Which email application are you using to access your email or are you accessing your email using web browser ?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

When did this problem started?

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

I have asked this already, please let me know which email program and version you are using

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My email hardly stays open long enough to think. Incredimail 2.5? not sure what you need
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you

Are you running it on a windows or Mac computer?

And which version?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows 7. incredimail 2.5
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you

Please do the following

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how incredimail works now please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still having the same problem after following the above instructions
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, download and do the installation from my link below

Once installed, try to run it and tell me if it then works please