Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I've tried multiple times to run the Lenovo Companion

Customer Question

I've tried multiple times to run the Lenovo Companion hardware scan to no avail. The last attempt lasted more than 12 hours with the activity circle moving rapidly but no progress bar or results. Can you take control and find out what is wrong with my system? THANKS. Dave Merrill(###) ###-####
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo Edge 2 15 -80QF0004US purchased 2/24/2016. Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had never run the Hardware scan from within the Companion app, but had run it multiple times from another location. The system was recently checked by Geek Squad who checked to be sure updates had been done.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The system often runs slow. I have to frequently run diagnostic/clean-up software such as System Mechanic, Webroot, and the Lenovo hardware diagnostic
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please when this problem first started?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.