Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My ipad screen went black can see faint screen picture in

Customer Question

My ipad screen went black can see faint screen picture in right light but couldn't get anything up took it to a shop they told me it was gone. Recently having problems with my charger so plugged old ipad in (supposed broken one ) and to my amazement it lit up the screen and worked perfectly for 24 hours and now it's black again any ideas
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

This sounds like it could be a charger issue, did you purchase a new charger for the ipad as of yet?

It could also be a battery issue.. But lets try this step first and see what happens.

Plug the ipad into your computer to charge.. Wait 5 minutes.. Then, press and hold the sleep wake button and the h ome button at the same time for about 30 seconds..

Does it show anything on screen or does it flicker or anything else?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but did make the sound like its charging
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's almost like the light has gone out on the screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

In that case, it seems you just have a charging issue.. Which is either due to the charger, or due to the battery needing to be replaced.

I would consider a new charger first..

If that wont charge the ipad then get back to me, and we can discuss replacing the battery which isnt very expensive, but can be a tough process. Its always better to test with a brand new walk charger first.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.