Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

My husband and I both have Dell Inspiron 27 5000 series PC.

Customer Question

My husband and I both have Dell Inspiron 27 5000 series PC. My PC gave me a low power message and I plugged in the charger. The next day I realized my PC was not charging. The charger is working as I have tried on my husband's PC. My PC does not give the light in front indicating the battery charger is plugged in and charging. My PC is dead without power and I can't access it at all. After reading some tips, I tried to unplug and clean the charger connectors, etc. This did not work. What do I do now? I desperately need my PC.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.The problem you are facing is very common with laptops, this problem can be caused due two things, one due to a defective battery and two due to defective power socket on the laptop, as your husband have the same laptop, install your laptop's battery in that laptop and charge it, if the battery gets charged and you can use the battery on your laptop then, it means the battery is fine and the power socket is damaged, unfortunately, in that case you have to take the laptop to any local repair shop and replace the power socket of your laptop. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.