Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I love Mozilla, I use it over any other browser and donate

Customer Question

I love Mozilla, I use it over any other browser and donate regularly to it but there are sometimes problems, this is such a time. I have a little red circle in my tool bar with a heart to easily share to Pintrest, it's always worked like a charm, on both of my computers, beginning last night, I can click that, the choice of photos comes out, when I click the pin button nothing happens, there is no pop up to say there was an issue, it just goes no where and doesn't activate the pin. I removed it and put it back, still nothing. Any thoughts? Any alternative?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Laura. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Try doing a refresh of Firefox

to see if that clears this up. (you'll need to reactivate the pinterest toolbar afterwards)

In Firefox, click the 3-horzontal-bar icon in the upper right corner and click on the ? at the bottom.

From that menu select Troubleshooting Information. Click Refresh Firefox (twice)

When the operation is complete Firefox will reopen. Add pinterest back and let me know the result please.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

If it's still not working, there was an update to the share button that came out last week.

You can get that here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pinterest-pin-button/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have now lost everything I needed and am having trouble bringing them back. I do have my accounts synced so perhaps I can get them back that way. I would have perhaps preferred to try the update before losing all my settings. I did them so long I can remember who I did many of them.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

There's no guarantee that an update would have fixed things. Refreshing Firefox keeps it running optimally.

Right-click on the 3 bar icon and and select Menu Bar such that it now has a checkmark next to it and is visible on the page.

Right-click again and do the same for Bookmarks Toolbar.

Left click the 3 bar icon and select Add-ons. Click Extensions on the left side of the page and enable anything you had previously.

Click the 3 bar icon again and select Options. From the menu on the left you can make changes.