Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Hy+ I have an old one ST5112 with bios reset. Can I get some

Customer Question

Hy+ I have an old one ST5112 with bios reset. Can I get some help. I am from Hungary.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Thank You. Pál
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, only how the reset it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Without any additional information, all I can suggest is that the customer download and install the latest BIOS upgrade from the corporate Web site:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No! in this tablet have an oldest original bios version.

O.K. Forgive me, but you don't seem to have indicated exactly what manner of problem you are having with your BIOS. In general, you can't go wrong by installing the latest BIOS. After all, how old can a tablet computer be?!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
02/2009, my problem is how to remove bios password!

The Fujitsu ST5112 BIOS features a "boot password" and a "master password." If you forgot the boot password ***** remember the master password, then press F2 immediately after booting. Navigate to the BIOS setup screen.

TRY to login using one of the following "secret, undocumented" passwords that the vendor supports:

If (a) you have forgotten the master password [which enables you to change the boot password] and (b) none of these three "default" passwords works, then you are out of luck.

Not COMPLETELY out of luck: you must purchase a fresh BIOS from the manufacturer (Phoenix, I think, but Fujitsu should be able to provide one).

Suggestion: try not to forget vital passwords. Write them on a paper that you keep in a safety deposit box at the bank.