Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My fax won't work. I just got this computer last week and

Customer Question

My fax won't work. I just got this computer last week and I'm wondering if there is anything that I have to do on the computer to get it working.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell Inspiron and running Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. All updates have been installed that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My CD player won't work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you can't type the answer, please refund my $5.00. I was recently scammed before with this which is why I needed a new computer. I know people who could help me, so I don't need to pay you and possible have to trash this computer. Feel free to take me off the free trial. I don't believe I will ever feel comfortable paying for your services.

ok bye now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm extremely disappointed in you.
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I would like to attempt to assist you with your issue. After reading through this thread your fax and CD drive aren't working. I also see that you are running Windows 10.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your CD drive and fax? Also if you have an older computer and upgraded to Windows 10, then 1) that upgrade could potentially disable your drivers because the old drivers are not compatible with Windows 10, or 2) there are no compatible drivers for Windows 10. Some older devices are not supported in Windows 10.

My recommendation at this time would be to reinstall your device drivers.