Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.

I have a one year old L15W B1307 Satellite Radius 11

Customer Question

I have a one year old L15W B1307 Satellite Radius 11 notebook. I wished to down grade from 8.1 to Win 7. I cannot get the BIOs ver.500 to accept the change. As of this moment I have a clean formatted HDD. The Win 7 starts to load files, gets to the part where it says it is starting Win. The multicolor logo balls that swirl on start up never appear but if you wait two or three minutes a red band, approx. 1/2" wide appears across the top of the screen and there is no further progress. PC was purchased in July '15, this happened in August. It was never registered in my name as it had already been registered by prior owner. I bought the unit at Tech for Less as an "open box" unit, not as a "return" I feel I had been lied to, on that part, but that is not Toshiba fault. I learned this when I check to see if my warranty was still valid. Just threw that in. Is there any way to load Win 7 ? The machine worked as expected, Win 8.1 did not. I just really want Win 7. I am 75 yrs. old, I don't need or want all the crazy apps. etc., just a good reliable unit that has all I want or need in it with Win 7. Any suggestions ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

To install Windows 7 you'll need to make a couple of BIOS changes.

In the Security section, Secure Boot will need to be disabled.

Then go to the Advanced section and open System Configuration.

In there, change Boot Mode from UEFI Boot to CSM Boot. Save the changes

and you should then be able to install Windows 7.

When installing Windows 7, select Custom installation.

Select Drive Options (Advanced), delete all partitions on the hard drive such that the

entire capacity of the the drive shows as Unallocated and apply the change. Click Next and the installation

will take care of the rest.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi Bobby. Were you able to get Windows 7 installed? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this.