Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I cannot find the scanned document on the computer from a HP

Customer Question

I cannot find the scanned document on the computer from a HP 4650 scanner. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the computer issue. Was it scanning fine previously?

Is there any error or message when scanning?

Do you mean you do not see the scanned files in the folder Documents or Pictures and/or in any subfolder there?

In the HP Scan program or HP Solution Center program or HP OfficeJet program, at the scanning window, check the option Save to to file Save options, or option Advanced settings or option More, then option Destination, then option Save Location or Save to Folder, do you see the folder path or folder name there?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there, so I'll be away for now. When you are available, please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations on how to scan:

- For Windows computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/document/c03466081/

- For Mac computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/document/c04788799/

- If there is still any issue, please answer all the questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, Viet,
I apologize for not replying to your emails sooner.
Unfortunately, I really cannot rate your reply. I was suddenly called away, and had to deal with other matters of higher priority.
During some spare moments away from the computer, I suddenly realized what I should have been doing.
When this method was attempted, everything worked very well. So, I did not, in any way, use your services and/or advice.
I thank you for you attempts to help me, but these attempts proved unnecessary.
I had been using a fifteen-year-old HP 3300 printer/scanner/plotter since new, and found the change to the HP4650 difficult to negotiate at the time. Everything is now working well.
Thank you for your offer of assistance.
As a a result of all this, I have cancelled (unsubscribed) my involvement with your organisation.
But, I do thank you for your offer of assistance.Geoff

You're welcome. Great. No problem. We're canceling this since you've resolved the issue. If you need help with any computer issue in the future, please come back anytime. Thank you for the update.