Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I got a notice keeping me from using my computer until I

Customer Question

I got a notice keeping me from using my computer until I finally shut it off .I have a phone number and the info said my computer was locked up the info background looked like yours and stated that it was microsoft doing this Just want to verify and find out why locked up
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was a scam. This issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or when you click on a bad link or attachment from email. To resolve this issue, usually, you just close the popup notice window if possible, and/or just shut down / restart the computer, and it should be fine. But if there is still any issue using your computer, please let me know.

- Also, please always ignore any popup notice, any phone call, and any email message that you do not know or that you are not expecting. Never follow any instructions that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Also, if it does not let you shut down / restart the computer, instead of having to unplug / re-plug the power cord of the computer, you can just press and hold the Power on / off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then it should shut down, then turn it back on and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

If you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,