Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

When I try to access map quest on my mad computer using

Customer Question

When I try to access map quest on my mad computer using safari I get a microsoft error message that someone is trying to hack or got in to my computer. Apple cannot help me with google.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur every time you access the MapQuest website?

Is there also any issue when accessing any other website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want the free trial or anything else. This is a ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I will pay the $5 but no more. All I wanted was an answer.

This is a one-time support session per your request. It looks like your computer might have virus. Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO NO NO

OK. I can provide written instructions. Can you please answer my questions first, so I can troubleshoot the issue for you:

Does this issue occur every time you access the MapQuest website?

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

1. Some of those scam pages can be dismissed very easily. Press command-W to close the tab or window. A huge box will pop up. Press the return key and both the box and the page will close. If that doesn't happen, continue.

2. From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... ▹ Security

and uncheck the box marked Enable JavaScript. Leave the preferences dialog open.

Close the malicious window or tab.

Re-enable JavaScript and close the preferences dialog.

3. If the Preferences menu item is grayed out, quit Safari. Force quit if necessary. Relaunch it by holding down the shift key and clicking its icon in the Dock. From the menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... ▹ Privacy Remove All Website Data

to get rid of any cookies or other data left by the server. Open your Downloads folder and delete anything you don't recognize.

Regards

Jins