Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased an HP Notebook. I was told I could attach a

Customer Question

I purchased an HP Notebook. I was told I could attach a microphone for my job, I have what's called AudioSync. Wasn't able to figure out how -- went to Geek Squad, they told me differently than the salesman -- that I cannot attach a microphone to the front port to record. But it shows input/output on it.
I'd like to find out which is true, if I have to now return the computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

The geek squad is definitely wrong, and Im not surprised. They usually are.

Any computer with a microphone input port can have a microphone attached.

Any computer with a spare usb port can have a microphone attached. And there are some fringe adapters for ethernet ports and bluetooth microphones to boot.

So the setup can work. so I can help you get it working, I need to know if you already purchased the microphone? And also, depending on the model of HP notebook you have it probably already has a microphone built in, if it has a webcam in the top center frame of the screen, then it has a microphone.

So please get back to me with the model of microphone you purchased, and / or the exact model of HP notebook, and we can go from there.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.