1. On a working computer (or on a tablet or smartphone), go to the website below:
2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.
3. Then in the first box, type the email address as shown on the problematic Surface Pro computer.
4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.
5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password
, then try on the problematic computer.
- If that does not work, please try the following:
- At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
- When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
- When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
- When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.
; (If it does not give you the troubleshoot / menu, then at step 2, you may need to hold down at the same time the two keys Shift and Alt on the keyboard, and select option Restart.)
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,