technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science

I have a windows Vista, its not logging on, for it to be

Customer Question

Hello, I have a windows Vista, its not logging on, for it to be repair its telling be to go to restore. I do not have a restore cd or now this password.
Is windows vista compariable to windows 8 or 10? Due I need to up grade computer?
Will I lose my information? Hp Pavilion A6030N
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 month ago.

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for using this service. Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

To better assist you please do the following and send me the results:

1) Push the power button in, and HOLD it in , until your computer turns off completely

2) Wait 15 seconds

2) Push power button again and release. Select/allow computer to boot normally if possible

4) Tell me the results of this, and what you see on the screen.

Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Keeps clicking off
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Screen came on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Vista comparable to windows 10

When you say clicking off, do you mean clicking off like a lightbulb? INSTANTLY does the computer unexpectedly turn off, including all fans turning off and so on? If you can, try to check the fan and or led lights on the computer to confirm this. We want to know if the computer is turning off instantaneously.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Light comes on go back it's trying to turn on but goes off, troubleshoot comes on I try to fix it goes to restore I have no cd or password

There will be several technical steps and questions involved in fixing your computer. For this reason, I sent you an offer for a phone call to make it faster and easier. Would you like for me to call you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for help.It came back on

Good to hear. Often a power cycle as we did can help to get the computer to come back on.

If everything is OK, please take a moment to rate my time and help to you. I strive for excellent service, and a positive rating the is only way I receive credit for helping you today. If you are still having trouble please follow up with me for assistance. Thank You.