Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

My windows 7 operating system was replaced with a supposed

Customer Question

My windows 7 operating system was replaced with a supposed new windows 7 one at best buy about a year ago. After about a month I kept getting messages that the replacement was not a genuine copy. I took the tower drive unit back to them and they fixed it. It worked great up till a couple of months ago when I began to see messages like ... this windows 7 program is corrupt, or YouTUbe music would not play any more. The more geek squad worked on different things remote access the same issues kept popping up. They never gave me the empty box that the new replacement drive came with code numbers printed on it. I would like to see if there is a way to remove this system and replace it with a genuine windows 7 product with out loosing my photos and video clips. Is there a way to do this. I just don't have the code numbers that would have been printed on the box the new drive came in. Can this be done? Hope you can help. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 1 month ago.

Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.