Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

If I can't get my email does it really mean my computer is

Customer Question

If I can't get my email does it really mean my computer is bad?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi Mary. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Ther ecan be many different reasons for not being able to receive email. I'll need to ask a few questions on order to help you get to the bottom of this.

What is your email address (just the part after the @sign)?

How do you access your email? Through a web browser or through a program or APP?

Are you having any problems with your computer other than with your email?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Msn.com
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not authorize any further payments
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

That's fine. Those offers are automated. Please just ignore them. I'll do my best to help you here. Is the email problem, the only problem that you are having?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't read your message on my computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Just to clarify, without much info to go on, your computer not getting emails doesn't make it 'bad'. If the other tech you took it to

said it was bad, can you tell me what he said as to why he believes this?

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

What browser are you using on your computer to access msn email? firefox, chrome, etc? Or email client?

Can you open your email without issue on other devices?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not paying anything further. Computer guy here spent three hours onit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok

As far as your issue, i saw your question come in an hour ago and reviewed your replies/responses. You can look

at it and understand you definitely didnt get any results yet due to not enough communication back and forth with

probing questions needed. I can help you if you still want to continue by answer the questions i asked.

However,

I understand if you do not wish to continue, but please contact customer service in the link below.

We are techs who help you with your issues and have nothing to do with billing or any agreements you

put into place before you asked your questions. We do not have access to that portion of your account.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Good luck.

Franklin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is customer service info?

It is who you contact for the comment you made above about payments. We are technical & cannot

see/change billing or discuss it with you due to not having anything to do with that portion of your account/agreement.

We can continue if you like with tech support, but they are the ones that can help you with financial agreements/charges etc.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I 's access internet but can't read anything. I guess I want to know if I should send it to Asus for repair

We may be able to restore it, have you tried that yet? It will depend on 2 things. (we may also be able to run recovery disk if needed)

1. when is the last time it worked?

2. if we cannot find a restore point, are you willing to do a factory reset to make it 'like new', but this will wipe out all information

you have on that pc.

Did you want to try to restore it first? If so, tell me the exact model of your asus and if it is windows 7/8/10 etc. and when it started

having issues.