Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a Acer Aspire 5600U all in one. I upgraded to Windows

Customer Question

I have a Acer Aspire 5600U all in one. I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. If the power is on I cannot boot to windows; if I do a soft or hard boot. Instead I must unplug the computer & let it sit for an extended period & upon reconnecting the power the computer automatically turn itself on & will then boot into Windows. I restored the computer to an earlier point in time & reset the computer - same problem. I was surprised that when I reset the computer that it did not revert to Windows 8.1; but instead it maintained the current update of Windows 10; but I lost all the programs that I had downloaded since the computer was new.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

To be honest, this sounds like a unique issue that would be best fixed, if you allow me to start a secure remote assistance session with you. Once remoted in, I will be able to resolve all your problems for you. May I begin the remote session now or do you want to schedule this for a later time?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,