Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a seagate goflex but disk management can't access it.

Customer Question

i have a seagate goflex but disk management can't access it. few times it said it had 2 partions but need to be formatted it tried and it would not format. now i see it in disk management it says disk 3 unknown & not initialized. it does have the blue line above it like the others do. help me please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

The drive could be failing. With that being said, you may be able to repair or recover the partitions using a software specifically designed to repair partitions.

If this software can see the drive, it should be able to help you recover the damaged partitions.

If you are able to recover the partitions then I would suggest immediately copying all the data you care about off that drive. And I wo uldnt use it as a sole backup source for anything important going forward.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have that program, I will try right now
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Allright.. I tried to accept your request for secure remote assistance, on this end it said payment failed. This sometimes happens when your bank or credit card blocks the transaction and a quick call usually lifts the block.

If you decide you do want remote support we would have to do the above, otherwise, we can try to continue via written support instead.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did it go through
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are u there
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Ive sent the offer back to you again, to be approved when you are ready. ( if you want me to connect )

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
let's try typing
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Fair enough.. Do you already have the program downloaded and installed?

Did you run the program? Can it see the external drive?