technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
65369237

I accidentally deleted my windows operating system from my

Customer Question

I accidentally deleted my windows operating system from my computer. It will not boot in windows 10, but I do have LinuxMint. How can I restore windows?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

David,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Also, how exactly did you delete windows? Did you format the hard drive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's an Acer Aspire A01431C8GB. I accidentally deleted all the partitions with Gparted. Windows is gone...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now I can't install Linux distros either.

If you deleted all partitions, including the restore/recovery partition, then you'll need either recover CD/DVD discs , or a Windows 10 installation DVD.

First, I would check to see if you can find any recovery CD/DVD set you may have gotten with the computer. If you have those, use those first instead of trying to download a Windows 10 ISO.

If you are unable to find this, you can go to the link below, and download an ISO image file of the Windows 10 installation for the version of Windows 10 that this computer originally shipped with. I've also included a link to download imgburn, as you'll need to use that or another program to burn the ISO file to a recordable DVD.

If you have any other follow up questions on this, please let me know. I continue to help before and after rating until you are satisfied.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/ImgBurn/1128426215/1

IMPORTANT

Please remember to rate my time and help to you before you go. I continue to help before and after rating, and strive for excellent service. A positive rating is the only way I receive any credit for helping you today. Bonuses are are a great way of saying thanks, ***** ***** much appreciated. Thank You.

Also to note, you will need to use another computer with a CDR/DVDR drive, and some DVDR blank media (blank discs) if you need to download and burn a Windows installation disc. Most modern computers have the drive, and the media can be purchased many places, including office supply stores.

IMPORTANT