Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Will send email but will not receive email and wont copy of

Customer Question

will send email but will not receive email and wont copy of sent mail to sent box
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: sasktel.net
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: might have to main computer but not to eudora
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: tried a system restore but restore point wont go back far enough to when last had an email that was copied to the sent box
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this trouble and I will do my best to help. Eudora is no longer under development ad is no longer being supported. It is very likely that recent automatic updates to your Operating System have caused Eudora to no longer work correctly. I'd be happy to take a look at your settings and see if there are any adjustments that I can make to get it working again, but it may not be possible. If not, would you consider using Thunderbird instead, which is much like Eudora and still in widespread use? I'd be happy to install and configure it for you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

By the way, you could keep Eudora and all of your old emails on your computer as well and just use Thunderbird going forward. Liek Eudora it is a free program.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

By the way, you could keep Eudora and all of your old emails on your computer as well and just use Thunderbird going forward. Like Eudora it is a free program.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure what I just got into but thought that I would get a response with info on how to change the settings in my Eudora program all you are telling me is that I should download thunderbird or pay more cash for you to do it ??
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I will be happy to take a look at your Eudora settings to see if there is anything that I can do, but as I mentioned earlier, Eudora is no longer actively supported by the developers. When developers stop actively supporting a program that means that they no longer provide updates for it and eventually it is going to stop working as the Operating Systems that it runs on (windows, Mac, etc) ARE still being updated and are in a constant change of change. As I said, I will be happt to take a look, but I can't guarantee that I can make Eudora work, and I have tried to be helpful by offering alternatives, in case I can't get it to work correctly.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you'd like a second opinion, I will be happy to "opt out" and open this to other experts. Please let me know your preference.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm out of here
Lick my wounds
Pay my visa and figure this out for myself
Have a nice day
Thanks
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome. You have a good day too.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Do you still need help with this? If so, may I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I downloaded thunderbird and it does same as Eudora is doing no incoming email and no copy to sent box of sent email

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry thought this would be a quick fix to the problem looks like not
The 2 programs both do the same thing ?? Eudora and thunderbird ?
Already spent money to have first response that I thought was $5.00 and turned into $53.00 I guess I missed that extra fee when I sent the first time can't afford any more
Server settings look correct so not sure what's happening

There will be no extra fee. Just don't click the "Accept this offer" button that the website gave you. May I remote in now?

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 86 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Hello again,

I see that you are not connected, yet.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Thank you,
***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've had enough scams and computer trouble people phoning every day wanting to help take away my info and money
I never let them take over computer and I don't think I want any one else doing remote stuff on my computer that I don't know
Sorry just the way things are going in the world today

I very much understand your apprehension. I have remoted into computers scores of thousands of times with no problems. I will disconnect now because I have a lot more work to do with others. I wish you luck. Bye for now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you but I'm just old and am getting to trust no one
Have a nice day
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

I can do this with you without logging in remotely if you prefer us not to.

first go to this webpage and make sure that your id and password ***** there

https://webmail.sasktel.net/magnum/themes/branding/2370/index.html

if they don't than the problem is you have the wrong password ***** eudora as well.

otherwise the email settings should be on this page

http://settings.email/sasktel.net-email-settings.html