GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My screen is open sideways. I need to rotate it 1 turn. How

Customer Question

My screen is open sideways. I need to rotate it 1 turn. How do I do that?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Its a button combinmation

i do believe it is Ctrl+Arrow key Left or Right

Or it could be Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key Left or Right

But this only works if Hot Keys for Screen Orientation is Enabled.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing works. Please remove me from anything I may have signed up for. I am 75 and do not understand. I thought I was talking to toshiba help. Please respond to me so I know what is going on. thank you.

i cant remove you but customer sevice can, you will have to contact them.

.

I will opt out of this, and have a good night.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** you allow me to try to help? It would be my pleasure. Can you tell me what type of device you are having the screen problem with? Is it a computer, or a tablet or a phone? I am going to guess that it is a Toshiba computer since you mentioned Toshiba.

Some video card manufacturers have a built in hot key in their software which hit accidentally, will turn your screen upside down or sideways. If you will press and hold the CTRL and the ALT keys at the same time with one hand and then press and hold the up arrow with your other hand (while still holding the CTRL and ALT keys), that should will straighten your screen out.

If this is still unclear to you, please try watching this short tutorial video by clicking on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmtWarUfaSA

Please try this and let me know the results.

Also, if you would like to make sure that you aren't signed up for any recurring charges and pay only for the help that you receive today, please contact Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or visit ww2.justanswer.com/help where you will find options to chat with them or contact them via phone at 1-***-***-****.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I am committed to working with you until the problem is resolved. My work day is ending soon, so if I don't hear from before I sign out, I will check back first thing tomorrow. Have a good night!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
GeekGal took care of me. Thank you GG!!!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

You are most welcome! I'm happy to help! Please take a moment to rate my service. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. You can provide a rating by clicking on five stars and then clicking on submit. The stars should either be at the top or bottom of your question page.

Have a great weekend!