Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have had a straight talk phone since Dec. 2015. Suddenly

Customer Question

I have had a straight talk phone since Dec. 2015. Suddenly now when I call someone another name will appear on there phone. Some will not answer the call because it is not my name that comes up. Why is someone else's name showing up now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Do you have a Straight Talk Online Account?

The name that comes up, is the name that is registered to the Cell phone account.

This is normally only an issue, when there is a single account, but multiple phone lines and phones.

For example, family plans.

The dad will be the account holder and therefore his names gets registered for all lines on his account. So lets say he has 4 lines. 1 is his own, and 3 are the rest of the family.

Now no matter which phone you call from on that account, all 4 will show the SAME caller ID name on the other end.

Its hard to know if this is the case here, without knowing more about your account.