Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

I have a dell e6410 with a logitech c920 webcam. the camera

Customer Question

I have a dell e6410 with a logitech c920 webcam. the camera performs in every way on other computer, desk top. On the e6410, the camera does record both video and still photos and I do see image on the screen with photos shot.
I only see the video after capture and not on the laptop screen. Can this be resolved with the laptop?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there Roger and welcome

In exactly which program on the laptop are you using the camera to capture (where you are not seeing video till after the capture)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
win 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, thats your version of windows, but in which program are you capturing?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.