Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have many documents that were generated with windows 2007.

Customer Question

I have many documents that were generated with windows 2007. These documents will not open in windows 10. What do I do. Also, all of our staff who have switched to windows 10, have long wait times for printing. What do we do.
John(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  bmelke replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Lets separate the two issues.

Issue one is porting your old files to Windows 10. Microsoft recommendation is a tool to help you with the porting. The tool is written by Lapink and the cost is $30.00, but if you go to this link:

you can get it from Microsoft for only $15.00.

Issue 2 is not so easy to troubleshoot. You have many possible causes for the problem. There is no universal problem with Windows 10 where printing is slower. Universal being the keyword, there are many possibilities to have problems when migrating to a new operating system. I do not know enough about your environment to address them, but my first guess would be printer drivers. You need to check which printers are slower and find out if there is a new Windows driver available for them. Please let me know if I have addressed your issues correctly.