John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I have a gateway all in one desktop with windows home prem.

Customer Question

I have a gateway all in one desktop with windows home prem. oa acer group that crashed it did not come with reinstall disc how can I get one or download one. I thought I bought one but it was a bootleg copy and barley got it up and running help please
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

You can get recovery disc using this link enter your SNID on your PC and submit : - http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/

I hope that helps there is also a inbuilt recovery partition in your hard drive which you can use to restore the windows to factory settings (This only works if you haven't replaced the hard drive after the purchase of the PC)

Let me know if you want to try the inbuilt recovery option.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

If you haven't replaced your hard drive in the PC then try the inbuilt recovery manager to restore windows to factory settings.To do that please follow the below instructions.

Note : - Before you start this process make sure no external hard drives are connected to this PC.

Turn On the PC then press Alt + F10 key immediately when you see the Acer start up screen that will show Acer recovery manager from that select restore to factory setting (Out of box condition) then continue with the process.

That will help you restore windows to factory settings.if that doesn't work then you need to get the recovery disc and do the recovery process using that disc.

To boot from recovery disc.

Insert the disc and restart the PC then press F12 key repeatedly when you see the Acer start up screen that will show you boot device menu from that select CD/DVD Rom and press enter.

That will show press any key message immediately press any key on the keyboard and you can boot from the recovery disc and do the restoring process.

I hope the above information helps you.If you have any question please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,