Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Its on the black screen with widows logo and wont boot up,

Customer Question

its on the black screen with widows logo and wont boot up
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Lenovo k330 desktop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: f8 f12
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Can you tell me what version of windows you are using?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the machine came with windows 7, but I upgraded to 10. I did a restore because I was having freeze up issues then this happens

I see and when you did the restore did you push the one key recovery button on the machine or did you recover from disk?

Also is this a desktop computer or laptop?

Never mind I see this is a desktop model. Give me a moment while I get information about your machine.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my machine did not come with a restore cd only a cd for drivers, not sure if its the same but its a desktop

You at have to run the recovery program again. If it fails again you may need to get it on disk from Lenovo. There is a possibility that what was causing the freezing could have damaged the recovery program. Also so I know you havn't heard a fan inside the machine getting loud have you?

Can you shut the machine down completely and then turn it back on and push and release the F2 key repeatidly until you get the Lenovo rescue system option on the screen. Then select one key recovery. Let me know once you have done this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am using my sons computer to communicate

If it fails again you may need to get it on disk from Lenovo. There is a possibility that what was causing the freezing could have damaged the recovery program. Also so I know you havn't heard a fan inside the machine getting loud have you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I do hear a fan. The computer is preparing automatic repair, for a while now

OK did you do as I requested to get to the Lenovo rescue system yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe they charge for the cd

To shut the machine down hold the power button down till the machine shuts down. By the way if the fan is loud you may want to have the heasync and fan cleaned if it's caked with dust. It can cause the cpu to over heat if there is no air flow or a way to get rid of the heat the cpu creates. Yes they do charge for the cd. I believe around $25

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. I will wait for that to get here.Fan is not loud. Still on same screen.

OK so you still get to the same screen even after shutting the machine down and pushing F2 repeatidly as soon as you turn the machine on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well now it says preparing automatic repair for a while now

Ok but is it showing this even when you shut it off and then pushing F2 Repeatidly? or have you tried that yet. If you havn't shut the machine down and interrupt the repair because it's obviously failing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did shut it down and pressed f2 repeatedly
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok just did it again. I get a blinking dash

If that's failing and you are still not getting the Lenovo rescue system no matter how many times you tried this would mean the recovery program is damaged you would need the recovery software on hard copy. You would need the disk to get everything back to normal again. It's possible what ever malfunction caused the freezing affected the recovery program in the first place giving you the problem you are encountering now. I would highly advise the software on disk.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lots of periods, 123 initdisk

Your recovery software appears to be damaged and corrupted. You will need to software on disk I'm sorry to say.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Now it says error reading partition table drive 00 sector 0

Yeah that's means it can't read the recovery partition or one of the partitions on the hard drive. Definatly you will need the recovery software so the machines operating system can be reinstalled.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks for trying.

Once you have the software you can recover the machine into perfect working order then everything would be back to normal again. I am sorry it's not a quick fix at this time but you do know what you need to fix it. If you have any further questions please let me know. Don't forget to leave positive feedback for my time and information its how we are compensated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Am i still being charged $35 even though it wasn't fixed?

I would not be getting $35 no however I do get $20 for the service and information I provided.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok who do I get in touch with because I was charged $5 then another $35?

1(###) ###-####/p>

No you were not charged that you were only charged $35 I only get a portion of that.

Keep in mind we give answers on how to fix your problems and sometimes can step you through the problem. That's what we do.

Please have a good day.