Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My computer is fine, I need help with my HP Scanner. ScanJet

Customer Question

My computer is fine, I need help with my HP Scanner.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: ScanJet 5490Cxi Scanner
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm running OS 10.6.8 It was recently upgraded and now the scanner doesn't show up ANYWHERE.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, just how to fix this!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try scanning using ImageCapture. Follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Too much run around. I will try something else. Sorry.
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Please try the following and then try scanning.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cancel ALL.
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

S H E F I N