Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have an error in my windows live mail will receive email

Customer Question

I have an error in my windows live mail will receive email but not send connection to server failed
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: antivirus scan
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

Microsoft made some changes which caused the Windows Live Mail program to no longer connect. Unfortunately there is not a fix for this issue, however there are a number of alternatives and work-arounds. But as far as using the windows live program go it is not going to be able to connect. So the short answer is the Windows Live Mail application does not support the modern synchronization technologies which they are now using.

I suggest you read through this article which explains everything that is going on and what you can do to use your email: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd

If there is anything you do not understand please let me know. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.