Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When I send emails I often use the blind copy function (BCC)

Customer Question

When I send emails I often use the blind copy function (BCC) so the recipient doesn't see who I am sending to. Suddenly, I am not getting commas automatically inserted between email addresses. For 20 years I have gotten commas between email addresses, but suddenly I don't. (I'm copying and pasting from a data base) Is there a setting in my Eudora which might have inadvertently been switched off? I have long lists of emails that I send out. Eudora has been great in accommodating me up until now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a Windows 10
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. When was the last time you remember Eudora allowing you to copy and paste into the BCC section properly?

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I prefer to do it by word and chat, thanks anyway
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Understood. Although, if you make a mistake in your Eudora database, you can wreck all your mailboxes or nicknames.

Before I suggest anything, I still need you to answer the question I asked in my last reply.

When was the last time you remember Eudora allowing you to copy and paste into the BCC section properly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
June 5, I believe. I hesitate to leave this page to find out exactly
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

lets first make a full copy of the eudora folder, just for safety. This will help you find it

http://email.about.com/cs/eudoratips/qt/et102902.htm

Once complete, go to the control panel, programs and features, click eudora and then click change / repair.

It should then let you repair i nstall eudora. if not, then download and install a new copy over top of your current copy

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/eudora-7-0-1

That download page has a lot of links on it, so make sure the file you download is called eudora701.exe precisely.

Once downloaded, open and install the file. That should reinstall and repair eudora over writing the settings files. Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am the husband of this customer coming on now. She is 78 years old and not at all computer friendly. She didn't consult me before consulting you. What you propose is not at all what we need and will totally upset the system we have. I will take over and do what needs to be done.Please refund her payment.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Ive worked with eudora since it came out. With that being said, the link below will help you request and process a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0