Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

What is my pen? I want to access the google toolbar to get

Customer Question

What is my pen?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I want to access the google toolbar to get rid of error 404
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the sites how to get rid of it
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Go ahead and connect me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there an welcome

Error 404 means the actual web page you are trying to access does not exist, its an issue on the website itself.

Can you tell me please exactly which page you are trying to access?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Richard, I'm totally confused. I thought you would answer my problem with the five dollars. Are you still able to assist me?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello are you there?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

I am still here.

I need you please to respond to my question.

I will again repeat it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am getting a 404 error when I click history is my Google Chrome
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can access history when I go to manage my account. But I would like to be able to go directly to history when I hit history.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Ok, the error means the web page does not exist anymore.

Can you give me the exact link you see in the address bar when you click it

And I am here, please allow me a minute to type the response and respond

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Richard, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.When I am on the Google page, there is a star or asterisk under my initial L. When you hit on that you get search settings, etc., to history. When I hit on history, I get the 404. it is from that command that I want to access history.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

yes this is what I am trying to find from you, which is why I ask for the actually address.

Google have many web pages, so Google Page can mean a lot.

This is why I need from you please to give me the address in the address bar when your on the 404 error page please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hold on
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It only says Google.com with a lock emblem.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

yes, but when you get the 404 error you will get a different icon.

But can I connect to your computer please and I can see exactly what you're referring to

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no way I can talk directly to you Richard? I really pressed for time.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

you are talking directly to me, do my instructions and I can connect to your computer and see exactly what you are doing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hmmmm.Sorry Richard, this is not going to work. I'll find my answer another way. I guess I lost five bucks!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, i'll mark this question to remain open so if we can continue later, please let me know