Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My computer did an automatic upgrade overnight from 7 64 to

Customer Question

My computer did an automatic upgrade overnight from 7 64 to 10 64. 10 64 worked for awhile then fell apart. I got it fixed for awhile but now it will not boot up, but rather I have to use the unregistered 7 64 backup it made. It goes through the motions of booting to 10 64, then switches to repairs. After that a menu is given with a sub-menu. The only choice that works based on my limited knowledge is the 7 64. None of the repair choices work. I have a 10 64 ISO file. I think it is good but it is not current. The original 7 64 product ID is good that is on the computer. I do not know where the 7 64 disc is at. Can I install the 10 64 program on the computer and correct this problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like the first upgrade to Windows 10 was bad. yes you can install the 10 64bit program on your computer. You will have to download a clean install of windows by going to the Microsoft website to do that. You can go here: and download the tool and then choose 64 bit and then download a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have to wait till tonight or maybe tomorrow night. I have a blank USB of DVD. I trust the USB better. If I do it after midnight I have unlimited downloads. If I do it during the daytime I will get hit with high charges as I have satellite Internet.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 month ago.

Ok no problem. Keep me posted.