Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been hacked & have received hundreds of email

Customer Question

I have been hacked & have received hundreds of email addresses in my contacts, most of which are African names. I am presently in Nairobi, Kenya. Do I change my email address? So far, I have deleted one of my facebook accts, changed my facebook password, changed my bank username & password, changed my AOL password. What do I do? I have already paid my $5 refundable fee for answers. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

It is extremely important when you've been hacked to run a thorough scan on your computer to make sure that you don't have any virus, spyware, or malware on your computer that could continue to cause problems. Let's start with that.

In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/