ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.

I keep getting this full orange screen with your logo that

Customer Question

I keep getting this full orange screen with your logo that says "Urgent Firefox Update, Download now" My son, who is IT, says don't open it. I have to restart the computer to get rid of it. I also have to restart the computer often to get the courser to respond. Is this a legit page From you that I keep getting, and should open?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: It is a refurbished Dell laptop my son got for me. I don't know where to find the model number. The "urgent" screen has been popping up often for maybe 3 months.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know how. Is this screen actually from Firefox and safe to open?
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

That is not a legitimate Firefox page. Occasionally Firefox may give you a message saying that an update is available, but it doesn't lock your computer up or try to scare you with "URGENT" warnings. Your son is correct that you should not click on that.

If you've been receiving this message for three months then it sounds like your machine has been infected with ad-ware (i.e. malicious software that can cause pop-ups such as this to appear on your screen). I would recommend doing a full virus scan on your machine. One good anti-malware program you can use is called Malwarebytes and you can download the free version from

If you ever receive similar messages, or ever receive a pop-up that freezes your screen and gives you a number to call, I can assure you that is not a legitimate message. It is a scam.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know.

And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.