Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm not having problems with my computer, it is my phone. I

Customer Question

I'm not having problems with my computer, it is my phone.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I let my husband up load our wireless internet from home and he messed it up. I can not log into my phone because Google system. I forgot my Google password.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: resetting my password ***** my phone, but it still wants me to log into the original user account which is ME but I forgot my original password. I called SPRINT and they gave me two options, and since I couldn't remember my password, they helped me delete everything on my phone and start over. Well, starting over didn't help because it goes right back to my original password ***** I don't remember, because I had it saved and never had to use it to get into my email.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: YES, that I am almost to tears right now, because my life is on my phone.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Have you tried resetting your password ***** the original Google account on your computer?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If you haven't tried that yet, here's how to do it:

To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:
Go to http://google.com and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on 'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it, then click "Continue". If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email
address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password. If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the opportunity to have a code texted to you. If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was
created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, you will be sent a link to reset your password. When you have reset the password ***** you are logged into your account, please go to settings and update your recovery email address, your phone number, and your security questions. This will make it much easier for you to recover access to your account if you
forget your password ***** the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If you'd like, I can connect remotely to your computer (I can't connect remotely to your phone) at no extra charge and work on this while you watch. If you have signed into the original Gmail account on your computer before the password ***** possibly be stored in your browser. I'd be happy to take a look for you. if we can get the password ***** for the original Gmail account, then you will be able to login on your phone with the new password.