Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My computer auto downloaded Win 10, the hard drive is in

Customer Question

my computer auto downloaded Win 10, the hard drive is in tact, however, all my data files disappeared, how do I recover them, BTW I have a segmented drive for back up - but I cannot access that drive.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

How long ago did the computer install windows 10? Do you want windows 10?

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I find the business of charging people for something MS CAUSED is very bad, if you cannot fix my computer, I will be forced to another course of action, you already have $64 but I have yet to get any help! is this the reverse Robin hood role? take from the unsuspecting and feed the mega MS machine? BTW copy***@******.***.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

You cant expect a third party company to fix a problem MS caused ( for free)

Theres a class action Suit that started in the US recently you could consider joining the suit.

As far as what we have charged you, if I cant help you you will be entitled to a full refund.

or, if you dont want to work together to fix the issue I can send you the refund link now.

Let me know how you want to proceed,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to answer the question, beginning of June 2016, hasn't worked since july- this is where the MSN site lead me, If this isn't MSN support then what is??
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

This is, we provide support for a variety of products, software, manufacturers, Microsoft included.

If you want MS support, their forums can be reached here.. Just dont expect a timely conclusion to any issue, and another fellow user is more likely to answer you then a Microsoft rep. Micrsoft free support is, marginally effective at best. This is the link for free microsoft support.

Once you figure out whether you want free support through MS, or live support here and now, please let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
go ahead, but why did I need to logon with my MSN account name/password? it creates immediate suspicion ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

At Microsoft support you would have needed to login with your MS account / password. Here, we just needed you to create an account with any email account and a new password ***** your choosing. That way, you have a way to get back to us should you need to sign out or come back later.

Now, if you want to proceed with written support.. I need you to get a bit more detailed.

When you say all your data files dissapeared, were those data files for a specific program. Were they documents, pictures, etc?

Please be as detailed as possible as thats the only way written support can work.

If you would prefer to have me connect and work through this on screen, you would have to click and accept the secure remote assistance offer.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
every - thing except programs ALL data files, my business (30 years worth of data!!) accounting QB, taxes, photos- everything
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried going to the command prompt C:\\*.* nothing!
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

If you go to the windows explorer screen , click this pc.. And then open the c drive.

If you scroll down do you see a folder called windows.old?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Considering this is 30 years of data. Id like to be thorough here, and Im sure you would like to do the same.

What I can do is reduce the secure remote connection cost and after we connect if I am unable to help you then you would be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll have to pick up later, as I have to attend another meeting now. thanks - sorry, I was so bitter, this whole thing has rattled my cage completely, and I cannot bill my clients to boot! frustration is very prevalent.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

I understand completely. Theres a reason class action suits are just getting in motion, the forced and semi forced windows 10 upgrades h ave caused a lot of chaos and file loss. Not to mention, the microsoft upgrade assistant that tells you that your computer meets the pre requisites is completely and totally dangerous, and useless. MS will say you can upgrade and after the fact you are left without a display driver or the machine simply wont boot again.

When you are ready to continue, let me know.

Dustin S