John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE

I bought a ASUS desk top computer in march 2016 and now it

Customer Question

I bought a ASUS desk top computer in march 2016 and now it will not boot up. I get a screen saying ASUS INSPIRING INNOVATION * PERSISTENT PERFECTION and at the bottom it says Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BOIOS setting and neither works. This is as far as it will go. Is this a soft ware or hard ware problem? Thank you Laura
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I3, 8GB DDR3, 1TB, WINDOWS 10.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Did this PC came with windows 10 or did you upgrade it to windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it came with windows 10
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

When you selected the wipe hard drive it removed all including the OS that most like had caused the issue.

Let me see if there is a hidden recovery partition available on this model.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did not select the wipe hard drive, I just turned it off and turned it on this morning.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Sorry typed it in the wrong chat page.I apologize for that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

When i check your system model it shows windows 7 was the OS that came with the PC but you say that its windows 10.

How old is this PC?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
right now I am on windows 7 computer HP. the ASUS says it is a windows 10 and I bought it march 1, 2016 as a new computer from Amazon.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Please try the following

Restart the PC then immediately press ALT + F9 key see if that open a recovery screen.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing but what I wrote before.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

restart again and tap F12 key repeatedly when you see the Asus start up screen

see if that open boot menu from that select Hard drive (HDD) and press enter.see if that makes any change.

Let me know

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Did you try the F12 key and did it allow you to select hard drive to boot from ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no will do nothing
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

You had already tried the going to bios using the F2 and del but the screen wont go past that am i correct

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay i was checking what all possibilities are there but it seems like this is a hardware issue mainly the hard drive which needs to be replaced but before that i suggest you remove the hard drive from the PC and then see if it goes to a blank screen which shows no bootable device error.In that way you can make sure its a hard drive or not.

Even after removing the hard drive it shows the same screen then its a motherboard issue.To check the motherboard in details you need to take it to a service center near you.

Are you clear?

Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Did you understand what i mentioned above ?

Is there anything else you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you. I was thank it was a hard ware problem.
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.When it comes to hardware issue there is much we can do other than take it to a local service center sorry about that.

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me