Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Watch Dog will no longer run on my wife's lap top and when I

Customer Question

Watch Dog will no longer run on my wife's lap top and when I try and get help my message is blocked by a program call Magnum so I am sending this via my desk top. I have tried calling the Australian phone numbers shown on the site but they are disconnected.
We purchased Watch Dog for life on the 2/11/2016. Product ID(###) ###-####
Order No. 47042764.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If Watchdog software is defunct (not keeping up their webpage, old phone numbers disconnected) then it may be that Watchdog software is no longer authorized to work, or cannot work without the company's continued existence.

Does the Watchdog program even start up, on your wife's laptop, any more? if not, how recently did it start up and work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think it was when we up dated windows 10. They referred me to if I had problems. however it was sold to me as follows "WATCHDOG ANTI-MALWARELIFETIME LICENCE PRODCT OPTION:300"

That sounds like a case of a program that does not support operation under Windows 10 - or perhaps, needs to be reinstalled on Windows 10 after an upgrade.

(Do you have the means of reinstalling Watchdog? I am aware that you may not have a disc, and may no longer have the original downloaded installer file, plus perhaps other obstacles. But removing - by using Uninstall - the remainder of the old Watchdog install, then restating the computer, then reinstalling Watchdog using the old downloaded installer file... if there is one... if it is still findable... might be the solution to this problem, hopefully.)

Let me know what you think, and how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I cant at the moment but I will tomorrow,. is there some way we can keep in touch tomorrow?

Easy enough. Just go to

which is the page reserved for all posts to your question/case... and you can take up the session and the chat from there.

G'day - or G'night, depending upon your time zone and local time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
G/day in this time zone 1223 PM at the moment, will talk to morrow, thanks and take care Russell.

I am ready to resume whenever it is convenient, Kim.