Hi there and welcome
Can you please do the following
1. Close all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2. Right-click on desktop and choose Personalize from the pop-up menu.
3. The Personalization window displays.
4. Choose Window Color; then choose Appearance.
5. Choose Windows Classic.
6. Click OK.
7. Close the Personalization window.
Steps to show hidden files:1. Click Start > Computer.
2. The Computer window opens. Click the question mark icon in the top right corner of the window.
3. The Windows Help and Support window displays. Type 'hidden' in the Search field and begin the search.
4. A list of search options shows in the Help and Support window.
5. Choose Show Hidden Files.
6. Choose Click to Open Folder Options. The Folder Options window displays.
7. Choose the View tab.
8. Click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
9. Click OK. The Folder Options window closes.
Steps to locate the QuarkXPress Preferences files:1. Click Start > Computer. The Computer window opens.
2. Go to C: drive > Users > your user name > AppData (hidden file that is now displayed) > Local > Quark > QuarkXPress 7 (or 8)
3. Delete this folder
4. Open Quark
Tell me how it now works please