Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have an IE window which cannot be deleted. It is claimed

Customer Question

I have an IE window which cannot be deleted. It is claimed to be from MS giving this as a telephone help line: 1-***-***-****. My Norton system has not alerted me to anything.
Per this undeletable page, this is a .net frame work file missing due to a virus:
Debug malware error 986-system 32.exe failure
What do you advise? John Geiger, Wynnewood, Ok
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having virus and malware problems. Have you already completely shut down your computer, and then powered back on again? If so, does the computer start normally and go to your desktop?

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank for your question.

Since you already stated that you had tried shutting down and restarting without success, please do this now:

First off, close out any browser windows, if open.

Next, type in any website address, e.g. www.google.com, in the search box at the bottom of your screen at the taskbar, and press ENTER. This will open up a browser window with that website itself, and from there, you may just "X" out of the other tab that was stuck at the infected popup message.

Done that, close and re-open the browser - the same page will not show up from now on as well.

Please keep me posted. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

.