Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My account key pin is not coming to my new device and my

Customer Question

My account key pin is not coming to my new device and my phone number isnt correct to get a text
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Rochelle,

Can you please provide a little more information on your problem? What is the make and model of the device with the issue and what are you exactly trying to do?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Galaxy note 7 i am trying to login my yahoo account but it only logs in with an account key but the code isnt coming to my phone r how can i chamge the recovery number
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

You cannot change the recovery number until you sign in, else it would be very easy to hack.

Is the issue you forgot the password?

And is the phone number old? Or you entered it in wrong when setting up the account?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Forgot password ***** it only works with an account key code how can i get the account code sent to my new phone im not receiving any thing
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Is the phone number old? Or you entered it in wrong when setting up the account?

If you wish I can call you if this is easier for you as it seems you are missing most of my last message

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

you need to accept the offer for the phone call please as it is an additional service.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its an old number
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, can you call it please and see if someone answers it as likely it has been provided to another person.

If so, explain to them the situation and that they will be receiving a code and if they can provide this to you

Then run through the reset procedure again with them on the phone, get the code from them and you can then reset the password.

I can then tell you how to update with your correct phone number.

Please let me know how you go with this Rochelle,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No one has the number yet it just says not in service
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, when you set up the account, did you add a recovery email address?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No i didnt have one
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password.

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible that it is locked how can i get it unlocked
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

The only way is via the recovery methods (the phone number) which is why it is critical to always keep it up to date.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know Rochelle

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am credited.

Thank you